Coming down with a cold is no cup of hot tea, but sip on some of that and it can make you feel better. Some people drink tea on the daily, but I brew up a pot when ever I need an instant pick-me-up, either mentally or physically. Forget coffee, tea is where it’s at!
Life has sped up too fast to slow down for afternoon tea. Something that was once regarded as a daily ritual, a time for relaxation, conversation, and digestion, is now degraded to a quick stop at the coffee shop and a chug during the commute. It’s a shame, because with all of the healing properties in tea, it deserves the time and patience to enjoy a cup or two.
Tea is usually brewed with a special mix of herbs to give each blend a unique flavor and benefit for your body. Many teas are high in antioxidants to help prevent cancer, but that’s only part of it! Tea can help with digestion, lower cholesterol, prevent cavities and aging, and even aide with weight loss. On top of all that, the warm, calming taste can take any problems away, even just for a few minutes. With so many benefits, why not enjoy a cup right now?
You don’t have to go to the corner coffee shop for a hot cup, because you can brew yourself something good and have a tea party of your own. Try these tips for tip top tea:
- The time is right. Choose a time for your tea parties, and don’t worry, you don’t need a guest list. Maybe you want to warm yourself up in the morning, help digest your food after dinner, or drink a cup before you hit the pillow. Whatever time it is, even more than once in a day, is a good time for tea. Just try to make it consistent and you’ll be craving for your next cup.
- Have a real tea party. This could be a fun way to get some goodies in your body. Ask your BFFs to bring a brew or two of tea, and enjoy an evening of tea and talking. Or, if you’re all about, go all out with a mad hatter theme!
- Create your own blend. Hit up a natural foods store or a tea shop and let your nose be your guide. Smell around for aromas that you are attracted to, and then read about the benefits of each herb or flower. You’ll come out of there with a unique, personalized blend that you’ll want to drink all the time.
- Sweeten it up. If you can only drink sweetened tea, try a few drops of honey. There are also flavored rock sugar swizzle sticks that can add a different experience to your cup. But whatever you do, don’t overpower the flavor of the herbs, because those are meant to be enjoyed.
- Check the brew times. Don’t ruin a cup of tea by brewing it for too long, causing it to become bitter. Read the directions and keep close attention so that you can have the best experience.
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Get Vitamins in Your Water…the Fresh Way!
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Orange You Glad To See Me?
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Grapefruit, the Great Fruit
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Water You Waiting For? Get Hydrated!
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Drink O.N.E. and You’ll Want Another