I’ve been hearing about this film for some time – Coco Chanel seems to be a very popular movie subject these days. Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky explores the relationship between the iconic designer and the avant-garde composer. Stravinsky was a married Russian ex-patriot living in Paris when he met Coco Chanel and they were rumored to have an affair.
One of the criticisms that people often bring up about Chanel is her affairs with men – how could a woman so independent and strong have affairs with married men? I can’t speak for her, nor do I condone what she did, but it was a different time then and I think she was a lonely woman looking for love in all of the wrong places. Either way, I know that I will definitely watch this film. View the trailer below – it’s in French – but you get the idea – the English trailer probably won’t be out for another few months…
- More Chanel Films! “Chanel and Stravinsky: The Secret Story” Set for Release in 2009
- La Chanelphile: Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky Film Review
- M.I.S.S. Contest: Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky DVD Giveaway
- Coco Before Chanel in NY & LA Theaters 9.25.09
- Boy Capel Part Cast In “Coco Avant Chanel”