2009 proved to be a wild ride for most. With the economy in a state of craze, the “Recessionista” was born and fashion savvy ladies were challenged to get creative and spend wise, perhaps looking towards one of the million high-low collaborations that launched this year or going green with vintage. We welcomed new style icons from lady-like First Lady Obama to the polar opposite goo-goo get-ups of Lady GaGa. Ed Hardy continued to bring shame to the House of Swarovski (crystals) while our favorite no-pants-wearing New Yorker Kerin Rose dazzled us with bling-blam-BONG! eye wear and her line, A-morir, bedazzling done proper. Green became the new grey in the world of nails diding and Minx made the Midas touch a reality. Gals all over the globe went TKO for OTK boots and the motorcycle jacket secured it’s place as a fashion staple. Why Linsay Lohan was appointed Artistic Advisor of anything, namely Ungaro, is beyond me. And let’s PLEASE leave “Jeggings” in 2009.
What will you take forth in 2010 and what will you leave behind?
- She’s Got Sole: A-Morir x Supra Skytop Women’s Sneaker
- Nails Did: Minx Money Professional
- NYC: Something For The Ladies Shopping Party @ Valley NYC This Sat!
- MINX: Lisa Logan Collection & Olympic Games Collection
- Women Making History: Kerin Rose of A-Morir