We all know the kangaroo is an Australian icon – we put ‘em on our money, coat of arms, name sports teams after them, and have various mascots in their likeness. We also like to eat them. No, we don’t keep them as pets or ride them to school.
So it’s only fair that Sneaker Freaker have teamed with New Balance to create the NB850 x SNKRFRKR “Skippy” dedicated to the marsupial. Named after the beloved star of popular tv show Skippy The Bush Kangaroo the kicks feature suede, genuine kangaroo leather, and pops of green and gold for that extra bit of Aussie flavour.
Head over to Sneaker Freaker for an in-depth look at the release, and make sure to check out the video sneak peek featuring Skippy himself repping the shoe.
- Sneaker Freaker: 2007 Best of the Best Sneakers
- NYC 5/4 Motivation of a Sneaker Freaker
- She’s Got Sole: Sneaker Freaker Issue 22
- Sneaker Freaker Best of 2008: What Did The Ladies Choose?
- She’s Got Sole: SNEAKER FREAKER Issue 23