1. Where did you take the photo?
The photo was taken in Sacramento in my grandma’s front yard.
2. What were you thinking before you took the photo?
My grandma is one of the people I am most grateful for. She is so graceful and beautiful and I wanted to try to take a photo that did her justice.
3. What were you thinking after you took the photo?
This photo was taken with a 4×5 camera. It was one of the first times I was using that camera so I worried that I exposed the film wrong. I got lucky with this shot. It is one of my favorite photos I’ve taken in my career.
4. Whats interesting to you about the photo?
My grandma loves to garden. It wasn’t until I got the sheet of film back that I realized that her floral dress matched perfectly with her surroundings. Also, check out her shoes. They were a metallic strappy sandals with a clear heel. Adorable.
5. What camera did you use?
4×5 Speed Graflex
- Photo Of The Week: Miss Ashleigh by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Hermanas by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Theek by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: La Basilica by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Dj Quik : Kurupt by Jennifer Tamez