Here’s what Kim had to say about her newest project:
While going through a deck of nude male playing cards that came with a bachelorette party kit that my friend purchased, I was taken by the ridiculousness of the models poses, the presentation of their genitals, and the seriousness of it all on their faces. I began to imagine that instead of exposing their genitals, they were instead presenting a gift of some sort. A present.
So I got 12 female artists (13 including myself) together, and made my dreams come true. They each decorated 4 cards as they saw fit so that each model is presenting his gift, instead of his genitals. These cards are now being revealed 1 a day on the website, until Christmas day.
The artists involved are Denise Kupferschmidt, Emily Flake, Andrea Breitman, Adriana Yugovich, Eleanor Gerber-Siff, Kim Moloney, Heather MacLean, Desboobs, Amy Rauner, Queen Andrea, Gali Erez, Martina Fugazzotto, and myself.
The joker cards, and the 5’s in the series are by me. The others are by the rest of the gals. If you go to the site and hover over any image it will tell you who it’s by, and link to their website.
- OOH! Gift of the day from H&M!
- Beats by Dr. Dre kicks off Facebook contest to win the new Heartbeats by Lady Gaga and more!
- LaLa Berlin x Andrea Crews Capsule Collection
- “Lady Luck Rules Ok” Launches New Website
- M.I.S.S. and FIFTY24LA Gallery Present “Paper Dolls” – A Group Show