Where was this photo taken?
The photo taken in a studio in Oakland, CA
What were you thinking before you took this photo?
I was asked to be apart of an art show at 510 studio in Oakland in honor of Dia de los Muertos so i wanted to create new work. Insipired by my homegirl Mayra, we organized a Dia de los Muertos portrait shoot. I was really excited to work on a portrait project like this especially because i got to work with the talented homies like makeup artist Jenni Tay and hair stylist extraordinaire, Justina Downs. Before the shoot i was really excited.
What were you thinking after you took the photo?
I can’t wait to see the photos printed and hung on the walls.
Whats interesting to you about the image?
I think everything came together nicely. From the hair, to the makeup to the lighting and the expression on Mayra’s face.
What camera do you use?
Canon 5D Mark II
- Photo of the Week: Rocky Rivera by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Neiko “Deluv” By Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Kerin Rose by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Deluv by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: Los Rakas by Amanda Lopez