Sure, you can put lipstick on a pig, but wouldn’t you rather put nail polish on a laptop? The fine people at Dell think so as they have teamed up with the nail lacquer experts over at OPI to bring you 26 exciting, high-style OPI fashion shades to the color and artwork offerings available as options in the Dell Design Studio. Starting next month in the U.S. (and later on down the road for everyone else), those in the market for a new Dell Mini, Inspiron, or Studio laptop will be able to customize the lid with colors like “Kyoto Pearl”, “Rosy Pearl”, and “I’m Not Really A Waitress”. Seasonal colors will also be available, and since Christmas is right around the corner don’t be shocked to see options like “Dear Santa” and “Smitten With Mittens” (“Bitten By Kittens” didn’t make the cut, I’m afraid)). Either way you slice it, each color will add an additional $85 on to the cost of your custom built laptop. Just think of it as a pseudo-expensive manicure, only your computer will probably last a lot longer..
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Dell and OPI to Put More Polish on More Laptops
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Dell Adamo Breaks Necks, Lightens Wallets
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: The Ultra-thin, Ultra-sexy Dell Adamo XPS
- Nails Did: Sally Hansen Salon Effects
- What I Want For the Holidays – Eileen