Since Hello Kitty turns 35 this month we had to use this recent release from Asics for our October calendar. The Hello Kitty Gel-Lyte III brings us right back to middle school when you had to have a Sanrio or Lisa Frank notebook to be considered cool. The combination of the classic Hello Kitty red and white with tiny stars and patent leather, makes these a hit for sure. Of course we had to bring you guys a mani that put the spotlight on our favorite kitty and featured not only her adorable face but her initial and jumper pattern. Just for her birthday, we’ve decided to include original props celebrating Hello Kitty’s life from the 70s to the 90s. Check out our previous write-up on these instant faves for info on where and when to snag a pair.
Asics Hello Kitty Gel Lyte III in Pattern, Orly “Hook Up” Yellow, OPI “Dating A Royal” Blue, OPI “Big Apple” Red, and Revlon “White on White.”
- M.I.S.S. September 2009: Reebok Wonder Woman Freestyle Hi
- M.I.S.S. July 2009: Reebok Basquiat Freestyle Hi Beat Bop
- M.I.S.S. December 2009: Ding Dong The Calendar Is Dead
- M.I.S.S. November 2009: Booji Regal-One Wonderland
- M.I.S.S. June 2009: Kime Buzzelli x VANS Wellesely