“In 1992 I incorporated the red sole into the design of my shoes. This happened by accident as I felt that the shoes lacked energy so I applied red nail polish to the sole of a shoe. This was such a success that it became a permanent fixture.”
Channeling Europe of the 1880s, a society that extolled the act of drinking out of a woman’s shoe, Louboutin designed this hot glass stiletto with the iconic red heel and included it in a set aptly titled “Le Rituel.”
This shoe is très a la Cinderella; who knows maybe some kind prince will seek and find us to give us not only the shoe, but the bubbly as well. One can always dream, right?
“Le Rituel” is available for purchase at Colette on Oct.26.
- Sole Desire: The Shoes of Christian Louboutin
- Taylor Says Heels With Printed Soles
- “Rose & Roll” Roger Vivier Exclusive at Colette
- Christian Louboutin Fall/Winter ’09-’10: Footwear Euphoria
- Le Coq Sportif Dynatec Sneaker Re-Release