Zissou fanatics, your prayers have finally been answered! If you can recall from the Fashion Meets Film Wes Anderson expose we brought you a few weeks back, the director’s movie The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou spawned a fervent petition to Adidas by some devout sneakerheads to actually produce Zissou’s much beloved pair of powder-blue kicks. Apparently, petitioners on a mission can get a lot done because Adidas has just released a limited edition sneaker based on the pair in the movie!
Modeled after a deadstock Adidas Italia model, the kick features the iconic dark and light blue stripes as well as bright yellow laces. It makes its’ origins known with some shnazzy Helvetica lettering on the side bearing the Zissou name! Perfect for all your underwater submarining needs, of course. A limited release of 100 was just dropped for the month of August only, so make sure to get your pair here before they sell out. A wider release will be available in October, so make sure to make room in your closet.
Team Zissou, dismissed!
- She’s Got Sole: adidas Originals Gazelle OG Ice Cream Pack
- She’s Got Sole: adidas Women’s Vanity Vulc Mid
- M.I.S.S. August 2009: Missy E Fly Hoops Mid By Adidas. Respect M.E.
- Get Back in Gear! Club Zonder Filter Presents…
- Upper Playground x adidas Originals