Marc Jacobs has already solidified his genius in fashion. He was recently honored at the CFDA International Award for his work with the international mega brand Louis Vuitton. October 29th he will receive the Pratt Institute’s Legends 2009 Award along with architect and designer David Rockwell, and musician and visual artist Patti Smith. Jacobs will be recognized for his American brand, Marc Jacobs as well as his creative direction at Louis Vuitton. The gala will raise money for Pratt Institute’s students’ financial support, 80% of student need financial aid according to the WWD. Marc Jacobs has never looked better and is a leading tastemaker for our generation. If you’ve never seen the Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton documentary, check it out. The film provides fantastic behind-the-scenes look at his creative process.
- Louis, Louis: Behind The Scenes of the LV – Madonna Campaign
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton’s Fanciest Origami Invitation
- MARC JACOBS & LOUIS VUITTON on Sundance Channel
- Met’s Costume Institute Gala: “The Model As Muse”
- The World According to M.I.S.S.: White House Correspondents Dinner