In an ideal world, I would have an extra ten minutes to spare to apply my foundation every morning. Alas, I don’t. So to compensate, I implement this week’s tip, a foundation “setting” technique that helps blend and even out liquid foundation applied to the skin, and all that is required is one simple, and inexpensive ingredient: H2O.
1) On the hand you DON’T USE TO PUT ON YOUR MAKEUP, pour the amount of liquid foundation you would need to cover your entire face and neck area. (About 1 ½ Teaspoons)
2) Then dip your fingertips into the puddle of foundation and lightly rub into the skin, making sure to include your hair and necklines.
3) Lastly, take a spray bottle full of water (tap is fine, but bottled works too), and make sure it is on a fine mist setting, and lightly spray your face.
You’ll notice instantly the water “sets” the foundation, and helps blend it into the skin. This technique saves time and can be used with any liquid foundation, and basically eliminates the need for foundation sponges and brushes, and therefore reduces bathroom clutter as well, something I’m always trying to do!
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- MISS Beauty Tip Of The Week: Foundation Faux Pas
- M∙A∙C Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 for Spring 2010
- Beauty Tip Of The Week: Summer Proof Your Makeup
- MISS Beauty Tip of the Week: Get Your Glow On….
- MI.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Beat the Heat …How to.