As skin ages, it not only changes in texture, but changes in pigmentation as well, resulting in a dull and tired looking complexion. This week’s beauty tip can help alleviate that problem since it is a D.I.Y. illuminating mask that will automatically deep cleanse, exfoliate, AND brighten your skin. It also happens to be a RECESSION BUSTER tip, as its main ingredients are baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, two very inexpensive products you can buy at any drugstore. Baking soda is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and exfoliant, while hydrogen peroxide safely brightens and disinfects.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For one application, mix 2 teaspoons baking soda with one teaspoon peroxide until you have a thick paste. Apply the paste with a cotton swab, making sure to avoid your eyebrows and hairline, as these will become lightened. As the mixture dries, you will feel a slight sting. This just means it is working. Rinse after five minutes and follow with your regular face washing routine. You will instantly notice fresher, brighter, and extremely clean looking skin.
WARNING: If you have very sensitive skin, this may cause irritation. You may want to do a test patch on the inside of your arm first.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Always a Lady, Never Out of Hand – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Nail Brightener
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week – Don’t Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is – D.I.Y. Grill Polish
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Saving Face – D.I.Y. Deep Cleansing & Rejuvenating Clay Mask
- M.I.S.S. Jet Set: Found Around The House
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Come Holler at This Scrub – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Nut and Honey Scrub