Quality nail polishes at an affordable price; that’s what OPI does best, and this week’s pick, OPI’s Matte Collection, is basically six of OPI’s most popular colors mattified, and includes my classic faves (Russian Navy, You Don’t Know Jacques!, and Lincoln Park After Dark). I recently received two of these haute polishes from my nail aficionado homegirl, Jessica, as part of a birthday gift, and I am absolutely smitten with their cool, yet playful look.
The matte colors look so edgy when used in conjunction with traditional shiny polish (think blue matte nail beds with shiny blue tips), but because matte polishes don’t adhere well to base coats and no longer look matte when a top coat is applied, their lasting power is limited to about two days of wear, after which the polish will lightly peel off nails. My personal favorites from the collection are La Paz-itively Hot, a hot pink perfect for what’s left of summer, and Russian Navy, one I’ll definitely be sporting come fall/winter 09. All I have to say is if you want these, get them soon, cause with all limited editions, they’ll be gone with the wind faster than you can say other people’s idiosyncrasies.
Where to Buy: Your Local Beauty Supply Store, Amazon.com
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- Sneak Preview: NARS Fall 2013 Makeup Collection
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Good Cheap Handy Work – LA Colors’ Intense Bright Polish Sets are Explosively High Voltage!!!
- M.I.S.S. Nails Did: Nicole by OPI
- Nails Did: OPI Pink of Hearts 2012 and So So Skullicious Lacquer Sets
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Handy Dandy – Orly’s Manicure Miniatures are Money