Yesterday, I came across one of the most beautiful Louis Vuitton bags I have ever seen – the Louis Vuitton Monogram Revelation Bag. Unlike the signature LV canvas bags, the Monogram Revelation bag is made from black veal leather and the LV Monogram pattern is not printed, but a raised impression on the leather.
I researched a bit online and found out that the raised impressions are made by injecting the leather with silicon – imagine it like a botox for leather! Whatever it is, it creates a beautiful effect. I love seeing how innovative Louis Vuitton can be with a single pattern for over 150 years.
The Monogram Revelation Bag features a rich burgandy leather lining, key ring, inside pocket, leather luggage tag, removable shoulder strap and silver hardware. The bag measures 17.7″ x 10.6″ x 7.9″ and is available now at Louis Vuitton for a hefty $4040.
- Louis Vuitton x Comme des Garçons
- Louis Vuitton for Valentine’s Day 2011
- Louis, Louis: Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton
- She’s Got Sole: Louis Vuitton Monogram Stars Acapulco Sneaker
- Louis, Louis: My Holiday Wish List!