There’s something about Alexandre Vauthier‘s FW 09/10 collection that’s reminiscent of the power and sex appeal that Sharon Stone exuded in “Basic Instinct” (the interrogation scene, of course). It must be the frosty white and the sleek pulled back hair-do. Add the smokey eyes, red lips, strong sculpted shoulders and soft draped bottoms and you’ve got the quintessential 80’s power look.
The 80’s look may have been a trend favorite for the past season but Vauthier has perfected it, especially the inverted wedge silhouette, a silhouette he has played with in previous collections. The collection could have very easily gone overboard had more embellishments and treatments been applied but by keeping those to a minimum, his “Acte II” couture collection came out impeccable.
View the gallery to see the rest of Vauthier’s collection.
- Carmelita Couture FW 2010
- M.I.S.S. Couture Fall 2009: Christian Dior
- Ears To The Street: The Blueprint For Your Fall Wardrobe.
- Fall 2013 Reebok Classic x Alicia Keys Collection
- FW09 Jewelry Collection By Chris Habana