I find a lot of skepticism in the claims of face creams and lotions, and I’ve tried hundreds of them over the years, and a popular trend in the world of face creams lately is the claim to sculpt, lift and chisel the skin on one’s face. In my experience, many of these types of creams cause the skin to feel tight and to look dehydrated, and essentially older and more tired; the polar opposite of healthy, young looking, beautiful skin, which is: Even in skin tone, moisturized, soft to the touch, yet smooth and firm on the forehead, around the eyes, and under the chin and neck. Through my experimentation with a variety of creams and lotions, I’ve discovered this week’s tip: That if you use a slimming cream on your face, it helps remove double chins, and excess facial fat, in the same manner it helps slim your abs and thighs. The result: A more sculpted neck, face, and chin looking years younger, and up to 15 pounds lighter!
WHAT YOU NEED: A Slimming Cream like Bliss’ Fat Girl Slim – $29 Sephora
(See my review of this product on M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Convenient Truths. You’ll Want Them.)
1) Wash your face as you normally would. I prefer to use a gentle cleanser like Shiseido’s ‘The Skincare’ Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam, with a washcloth. To learn more about the benefits of using washcloths to cleans the skin, check out M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week – About Face: Why Washcloths Rule
2) Apply your moisturizer.
3) Now apply the slimming cream to the areas where you want more definition: For example, I like to apply the slimming cream to: Under and around the chin and neck, on the sides of the face, my forehead, and the tops of my cheekbones. BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET IN EYES.
4) Apply sunscreen, and makeup.
I was not on any sort of diet and had not lost any weight when I started using this slimming cream technique on my face, I’ve been very happy with the results, which I first noticed about a week later.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week – About Face: Why Washcloths Rule.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: More Spring Secrets – How to Make your Own Green Tea Face Cream
- MISS Beauty Tip of the Week: Get Your Glow On….
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Waterworks – When it Comes to Foundation, Let H2O do the Work
- M.I.S.S. Beauty Tip of the Week: Product Spotlight