I work with my hands a lot, so my cuticles have a tendency to get pretty tore up, and because it is a dreadful economy, I’m not able to get my nails did as much as I’d like. Rather than complain, I just try to make the best of the situation, which in this case, means doing what I can to make my manicures and pedicures LAST. Past beauty posts like, Cute-icles – Revlon’s Cuticle Trimmer Makes it Easy, includes using tools like a cuticle trimmer to help maintain cuticle health in between shop visits, and this week’s tip, also a RECESSION BUSTER tip, is a D.I.Y. recipe for making cuticle oil that anyone can do quickly and easily.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Small Sprig of Rosemary
0.5 FL. Oz. Olive Oil
1 Vitamin E Oil Capsule or 1/4 Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
Empty Nail Polish Bottle (Can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply or at your local beauty supply stores. I don’t recommended cause of the mess and toxicity, but you can also rinse out your oil nail polish bottles with acetone nail polish remover.)
1. Put a small sprig of rosemary into the empty nail polish bottle.
2. Puncture the vitamin E oil capsule with a needle and squeeze its contents into the empty nail polish bottle. If you are using bottled vitamin E oil, pour about 1/4 teaspoon of oil into the empty nail polish bottle.
3. Fill the empty nail polish bottle with olive oil. (To avoid spilling, use a measuring cup with a pour spout.)
4. Mix the ingredients by giving a hard shake and a stir with its nail polish brush.
This cuticle oil works great when applied twice a day, and keeps cuticles looking healthy, (rosemary is a natural antiseptic), and moisturized by protecting them from water and life’s wear and tear.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick & Tip of the Week: Cute-icles – Revlon’s Cuticle Trimmer Makes it Easy
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip and Pick of the Week: Do It in the Shower – Two Minute Cuticle Prep that is – Tips to Optimize Your Showering Habits – Part II
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: D.I.Y. Rosemary Infused Olive Oil Moisturizer
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Handy Dandy – Orly’s Manicure Miniatures are Money
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: The Manicure Pedicure Hour – D.I.Y. 60 Minute Mani/Pedi