Do you have an abundance of berries on your hands? Before you finish your stash, save a handful for the freezer to make fruity ice cubes, a simple way to elevate any drink to gourmet status. No matter how delicious your favorite summertime beverage is, it could always use an instant make-over. By just adding colorful and tasty ice cubes to your glass, you not only have a pretty presentation, you also get a healthy burst of flavor when the ice melts down. You may never go back to plain ice ever again!
For fruity crystal-clear ice cubes, follow these easy steps:
1. Boil water and allow to cool.
2. Pour cooled water into ice cube tray.
3. Wash fruit. Prepare the fruit so that it can fit in the tray in each section.
4. Place fruit in ice cube tray. Experiment with different mixes, if you dare!
6. Pop a few cubes into a glass of juice, lemonade, or even water!
Try these fruits in the freezer:
For ice that’s even more beautiful and delicious, try adding fresh mint or edible flowers, like nasturtiums, marigolds, pansies, or rose petals.
If you’re not a fan of things floating around in your drink, you can always puree the fruits with water and fill up your ice cube tray that way. When the fruit cubes melt, just give your drink a little mix and you’ll be able to enjoy the flavors. Either way you do it, you’ll get a little more nutrition for your body, which is always a good thing!
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: To Your Health
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Juice, Not Drink!
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Get Vitamins in Your Water…the Fresh Way!
- Mama’s Kitchen: Fresh Lemonade
- Skimkim Yummies: The Greatfruit Cocktail