I know it’s been all over the interweb but did you really think I didn’t have anything to say about this?? Hello Chains! I love – I want – I need. I’ve definitely been channeling Mr. T and piling on the chains lately but Givenchy brought new meaning to “piling on chains.” It’s as if the chains aren’t acting as necklaces but more as armor or tops, in and of themselves.
For Fall 2009 Riccardo Tisci was inspired by Morocco and Berber tribespeople, and this came through in the beading patterns and veiled silhouettes. There were lots of interesting silhouettes featuring lush fabrics like velvet and leather. It was a small collection, and you already know the scene stealer were the models in chains. When I first saw the images, I thought the pieces on the face were also jewelery, but upon further inspection, the models had sequins applied to their skin. I wonder how long that took to apply?! Check our more of my favorites in the gallery…
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Samantha Pleet SS09, Her Seasons of Wonder
- Rosemount Australian Fashion Week: Illionaire
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Nanette Lepore Fall 2010
- NYFW: Pencey and Pencey x Mia Moretti SS13
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton Fall ’09 Collection