How fans of Project Runway were able to survive a year without hearing Tim Gunn say “Make it work!” or Heidi Klum’s bitter-sweet “Auf wiedersehen,” we will never know. What we do know is that the battle between Lifetime and Bravo is over and your favorite fashion design reality show is back! Lifetime has released a clip introducing the 16 designers competing to win. The batch of contestants look promising enough for an interesting season of Project Runway, let’s just hope the assumption sticks!
If you’re wondering about any differences in the show besides the obvious network switch, Project Runway has moved set from Parsons in New York to FIDM in Los Angeles but the finale still takes place in Bryant Park during New York Fashion Week. There’s also a new show within the show, Models of the Runway, which will give a behind-the-scenes look into the competition and drama going on amongst the models for the designers.
The sixth season is set to premiere on Lifetime August 20th, 2009 at 10pm et/pt.
- Project Runway Season 6 Casting
- Project Runway Season 7: Get A Sneak Peak and Enter to Win A Prize
- New On Bravo: The Fashion Show
- 5/21 – 6/17 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION/Simplicity Challenges Fashionistas with ‘Inspired by Project Runway’ Pattern Design Contest
- Women Making History: Fashion Photographer JP Yim