Ever wonder exactly who it is behind the visionary work of your favorite musical artists? From the stylists to the dancers, there is always a collaboration between the artist and the crew behind the scenes. Knowing all the hard work it takes to execute, it’s only right that MISS shows some appreciation for one of our favorite music video directors, Melina Matsoukas.
Melina is signed to Black Dog Films and broke onto the scene with Snoop Dogg’s “Sensual Seduction”, Beyonce’s “Greenlight” and Eve’s “Tambourine”. In more of her recent works, Melina has been the eyes responsible for Beyonce’s “Diva”, Lily Allen’s “Not Fair”, Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance”, Ciara’s “Work”, and Ne-Yo’s “Closer”. Outside of music, Melina has also ventured off into film for the cinematography of Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves back in 2006. Make room, Hype Williams because Melina Matsoukas is doing the damn thang!
- Exclusive Sneak Peek- Ciara “Work”
- From Russia With Love Pt.2 – Chanel Matroyshka Doll Purse
- Lily Allen-MTV Discover and Download Tour 2007
- “Not Fair” by Lily Allen: New Video!
- We Got The Beat: It’s Not You, It’s Definitely Lily