Fashion is a constant cycle. There isn’t much that is new or ground breaking, just revisited and redesigned. Eventually everything comes back. Even shoulder pads. Yes, those pillow like cushions worn to broaden your frame, add power to your suit and perhaps adding a cozier comfort to your shoulder to cry on. Sure there are those that might have a shoulder deficiency and require a little extra something. And of course there are the bold and the um, beautiful, that can pull this look off today and everyday . But for the general masses (and I am making an assumption here, prove me wrong, please) the thought of shoulder pads bring up images that make most say “Oh Hell NO!”. I, myself, love the gigantic shoulder, let it be a poof or a puff or a shoulder pad…or three. Seeing the broad shoulder beauties strutting their stuff down the runways as of late has gotten my shoulders doing the happy dance!
Now if this is a trend not for you or perhaps you are a “I lived it once not again” kind of gal I have a few suggestions for alternative uses for what you might consider a fashion faux pas.
1. Add a little something else where…give your girls a lift (you know what I’m saying), I would not suggest adding to your backside.
2. Knee pads…for all that scrubbing you do on your hands and knees or knee spins in your break-dance routines.
3. Pad out a dress form to fit your measurement needs.
4. Stuff the toes of shoes and hi-heels to help maintain the shape.
Love them or leave them? That’s for you to decide.
- Celebrity Style: Bringing Back The 90s
- Fashion Editorial: Strong Shoulders
- M.I.S.S. POOL TRADESHOW: Boos & Besito
- Ears To The Street: Fake it for Fall
- The Prom Dress