Like a white button up shirt or a little black dress, the Camel coat is a classic that will always be en vogue. A true camel coat is made of the hair of the two humped Bactrian camel. In terms of fashion these days a “Camel Coat” refers more so to the color of the coat. Yes, Camel hair coats are still made and often times the Camel hair is blend with other fibers like wool. But for the sake of this entry, let’s focus on that warm “Camel” hue and add this one to your list of Fall “Must Haves”. Sticking to a classic silhouette is probably best for fashion longevity’s sake…the Louis Vuitton version done my Marc might be of the moment come Fall 09 but the broad over-sized shoulders might not find it’s way back for a few seasons…or ten. Wrap yourself in Chloe or belt yourself tight…whatever you do, jump on the hump(s) this Fall.
- Marc Jacobs to Receive Pratt Institute’s Legends 2009 Award
- Eyes to the Sky: Color Theory…Fall ’09 is Green With Envy.
- Louis, Louis: My Holiday Wish List!
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton’s Fanciest Origami Invitation
- Louis, Louis: Behind The Scenes of the LV – Madonna Campaign