Have you ever waken up in the middle of the night and been blinded by the LCD of your digital alarm clock? Don’t you just hate how those numbers glare at you menacingly, reminding you you only have a few more hours until you have to be up? How about you throw it out (or give it to a clock-less friend) and “downgrade” to something a little more vintage, like this flip clock on legs designed by Michael Daniel. Normally, I don’t trust people whose last name could also be a first name, but I’ll make an exception this time because this clock perfectly merges modern design with old technology. The best part, though, is that when the numbers flip over it actually looks like the clock is moving towards you. At $88 it’s a little on the pricey side, but it’s cheaper than hopping on eBay and trying to get an old-timey flip clock. Available now at Urban Outfitters.
- Urban Outfitters Launches Designer Mini Collections
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – The Samsung Hennessy
- M.I.S.S. Editorial: Nike Tees for Urban Outfitters
- Design Link List 08.20.2011
- Design Insider: L.A.M.B. at H.O.M.E.