Up until last week, I was sporting long, pointed, florescent nails that I absolutely ADORED. Unfortunately, one broke, then another, then another, so it was time to bid them farewell, (they were my natural nails), so they are now short and chic instead. I love the look of neon nails, but can’t justify spending more than a few bucks on this trend, so I was super excited to score this week’s RECESSION BUSTER PICK: LA Colors Intense Bright Polish Set in High Voltage, for only $3 at my local flea market. The coverage is great (smooth, even), considering it’s inexpensive nail polish, however there is some slight staining of the nail, but this occurs across the board with darker nail shades regardless of brand. The High Voltage set comes with four polishes in: electric blue, hot pink, lime green, and purple, all of which have a slight shimmer to them. The Explosive set also featured in LA Colors’ Intense line is wonderful as well, and comes with teal, magenta, orange and purple polishes having a flat finish. You can’t beat the pricing on these little babies, ($1.50 each)!!!
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- Sula Paint & Peel Nail Polish
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks and Tip of the Week: Recession Claws I – I Got Zoya for Ya
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Handy Dandy – Orly’s Manicure Miniatures are Money
- Nails Did: Layla Hologram Effect Nail Polish Swatches
- M.I.S.S. Beauty Tip of The Week: Magnetic Nail Polish