A few months back we showed you the indulgent Chanel Métiers D’Art Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscou collection and the coordinating Paris-Moscou nail colours, and now we dug up some more photos of the collection to share with you. If you know me, you know that I love all things Chanel, but this collection is one of the best I’ve seen.
Karl Lagerfeld is a master and staying true to the roots of the house of Chanel, while also injecting youth, fun an creativity into everything he does. I love that he really digs deep into the inspiration behind a line, researches all of the nuances, and translates them into elaborate, whimsical clothing and accessories.
The Paris-Moscou theme stems from Chanel’s connections to exiled Russian royalty and her relationships with them influenced some of her collections. I’m not sure if the timing of this collection was intentional, but this year also marks the release of a film detailing the love affair Mlle. Chanel had with another famous Russian, Igor Stravinsky. Coincidence, or not, the Paris-Moscou collection has a fairytale quality to it – they seem the perfect pieces for a young czarina.
- More Chanel Nail Polish: La Collection Paris-Moscou
- V is for Vendetta: Chanel’s Newest Nail Obsession
- La Chanelphile: Chanel Noir et Or Paris-Shanghai Makeup Collection
- La Chanelphile: Chanel Shanghai Accessories
- From Russia With Love: Chanel Métiers D’Art Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscou