Artists, here’s your last chance to enter the Artists Wanted competition, and have your work seen by the world at large. Because of the huge amount of interest this competition has gathered, the deadline has been extended until Wednesday, June 3rd. Artists and designers from over 45 different countries have participated in the competition so far. If you haven’t already joined in the dialogue, now is your final chance.
Mark Mothersbaugh, acclaimed artist and lead singer of art-rock band DEVO leads a panel of judges including Jarrett Gregory (curator at NYC’s New Museum) and Donwan Harrell (founder and creative director of Akademiks clothing) in selecting the top artist or designer to be featured at a gala reception at the Sky Room on the top floor of the New Museum in New York City. The public also plays judge – determining the most powerful medium of the moment – in an online face-off that pits art submissions against design submissions.
Along with creating opportunities for all the artists who participate, they are awarding over $11,000 in prizes.
Two Grand Prize winners will be awarded with:
- A gala reception at The Sky Room at the New Museum in New York City.
- $2009 cash grant
- International Publicity including a feature in Filter Magazine and work shown through Gawker Artists exposing the winners art or design to hundreds of thousands of visitors across 190+ website galleries
- $500 in gear from Akademiks
- Plus the Red Bull Prize! Choose from the following: A vintage Vespa, a trip to London to visit the Tate Museum and the Design Museum or a fully loaded Mac Book Pro.
Every participant gets:
- An online portfolio and international exposure.
- A “Thank You” package with gear and discounts to help further your work.
- Nike 1/1 Art of Football Art Competition
- Call For Entry: SHIFT Japan Wants You!
- Design Insider: Designer Hotels for Creative Vacations
- Sephora Best of 08! Vote For A Chance To Win Free Stuff!
- New Era Cap Nationwide Design Contest