I don’t really wear dresses. I think I need to start.
The Cassette Society is one of those awesome labels that does higher-end fashion while still keeping their feet firmly in the street. Starting out with a small grant from a sportswear company in 2005, designers Katie Biz and Fanny Rickards picked out what was good about 80s fashion and haven’t looked back.
Booty-hugging minis were key at their RAFW show, with a bunch of current trends mixed in for good measure – zips, high waists, one-shoulders, loud prints, denim cut-offs and the never-say-die acid wash. Don’t let this fool you though – CS may be showing what’s hot right now, but they’re doing it their way and sticking to their musical roots.
Keep reading for more from the show!
Images from Vogue Australia
- Dion Lee @ Rosemount Australian Fashion Week
- Blogger PROJECT: Big Star
- Rich & Skinny Spring 2010
- CassettePlaya Teams Up with Stussy for Spring/Summer 2010
- Hellz Bellz Summer ’08: Heat Wave!