If you’re in the East Bay Area this weekend, make sure to stop by Berkeley’s Pueblo Nuevo gallery for Retratos de La Familia, a show featuring the photography of Amanda Lopez. You may recall her shoot for Mama Clothing’s Winter 2008 collection. If not, check out some pics from that shoot here. In addition to featuring some photos from that collaboration, Lopez has work from her portrait series Mi Familia. Shot in black and white, the portraits have a sort of sweet poignancy. Particularly striking are the diptychs. Combining a close-up with a full body shot, each subject’s gaze initially draws you in and then the details surrounding them blend to create the portrait in the accompanying photograph. Gorgeous! Check it out this Friday, May 8 starting at 6 pm and going late! The show runs through May 30.
- Photo Of The Week: Deluv by Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week: MJ Altar At The Apollo Theater By Amanda Lopez
- Photo Of The Week – Morningside Park by Amanda Lopez
- Amanda Lopez Presents: Cali LOVE
- M.I.S.S. TV: Behind the Scenes of the Hell Yeah Photoshoot!