If you’re a PC user thinking of making “The Switch” to Macs because you want Leopard and it’s built-in Time Machine functionality, don’t. Seagate has released the Replica, which, as the name implies, is meant to replicate Time Machine for Windows users. It’s dead simple. All you have to do is hook it up to your computer, agree to the Terms of Service, and it’ll copy your entire hard drive. Any changes you make to your hard drive will be recorded every so often, so if your ex-boyfriend comes over and deletes those incriminating pictures of himself you were planning on pasting all over Facebook, you can go back in time and retrieve them like nothing ever happened. It comes with a boot CD as well that’ll let you restore your whole system in case there’s an emergency. You know, like when you have to wipe everything clean because the RIAA wants to sue you for illegally downloading ABBA’s Greatest Hits.
The Seagate Replicais available now in single PC (250 GB) and Multi-PC (500 GB) configurations. The single PC version will run you $130 while the Multi-PC one is priced at $200 and comes with a spiffy dock.
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Mint Hard popsicle external HDD perfect storage solution for those hot summer days
- Obama Print Giveaways AND Obama Print Art Competition!
- Shake Your Ex the Healthy Way
- Ears To The Street: Duck Boots
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Apple Refreshes the MacBook Pro Line