Now that it’s almost summer I’ve been super obsessed with that summer glow needed to go with those summer jams, and this week’s beauty post, which I recently found by accident, is a D.I.Y. RECESSION BUSTER tip on how to make a shimmer bronzer for face and body. One night while rushing to get ready to go out, and out of my Lorac Award Show Glow, I decided I needed to step my already faux and real tan combo up a notch, so I did some last minute beauty experimentation with some products I had laying around the bathroom. Bless my lucky stars this impromptu creation worked, and so well apparently that M.I.S.S. Liz, who is very much a true sun worshipper, positively approved. So hell yes you can get a quick and not so dirty faux sho’ tan, and the following steps will show you how.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Dark Foundation (Inexpensive brand like Black Radiance $4.99 – Walmart, Walgreens)
Shimmer Lotion (Inexpensive brand like Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Body Gloss Lotion with Vitamin E $4.99 – Walmart, Walgreens) *I like to get these types of products when Bath and Bodyworks has their clearance sales.
INSTRUCTIONS: The right consistency requires a 2:1/2 ratio of the shimmer lotion (2), to the foundation (1/2). For instance, to mix enough for one application to the body: Mix 2 Teaspoons shimmer lotion and ½ Teaspoon foundation in a disposable container and stir, or mix in the palm your hand, (what I like to do). Test a small patch on your body to check the color and shimmer levels, and add more ingredients if needed. Rub well into skin, and wash hands thoroughly after. The result should be a deep bronze creamy lotion that leaves your skin naturally and evenly bronzed.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Summer’s Secret Sauce Recipe #1 – D.I.Y. Bronzing Shimmer Oil a.k.a. How to Fake a Tan Hella Fast
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Unleash Your Outer TANimal – With Lorac’s TANtalizer Award Show Glow
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Waterworks – When it Comes to Foundation, Let H2O do the Work
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Mo’ Better, Brighter – Soon Your Skin will be with this D.I.Y. Illuminating Mask
- Ears To The Street: Bronzed Skin