Devil’s smoking cigarettes? Frankenstein gettin’ freaky? Skulls galore? Pin-up ladies in all sorts of, ahem…interesting positions? Then look no further than the visual musings of Oklahoma artist Chris Cooper (a.k.a. COOP). Fusing a pop art aesthetic with decidedly (delightfully?) provocative subject matter, Cooper’s portfolio runs the gamut from creating music and show posters for bands like Nirvana and his own fine art prints and original artworks. Check out COOP’s website here, where you can view and purchase all sorts of cool COOP things.
Come out for the opening of his latest work this Friday, May 29th, from 7-10 pm at Corey Helford Gallery in Culver City, CA. The show is open to the public and runs through June 20, 2009.
Oh, and the icing on the cake? (as if you needed more convincing): DEVO’s Mark Mothersbaugh has apparently composed an exclusive score for the opening evening’s festivities. Yeah, I know. Amazing!
- COREY HELFORD GALLERY: Dave Burke, Mia, Sarah Folkman
- EVENT! COREY HELFORD GALLERY: Nouar and Joshua Petker- Saturday, June 11
- COREY HELFORD GALLERY // “Zero to Sixty” Five Year Anniversary Show Friday, July 1, 2011
- COREY HELFORD GALLERY // “Zero to Sixty” Five Year Anniversary Show ++ Friday, July 1, 2011
- COREY HELFORD GALLERY: CRASH, FREEDOM & RISK curated by Roger Gastman