A few of weeks ago M.I.S.S. was invited to attend an exclusive underground screening of the independent feature film B-Girl at that the Montablan Theater sponsored by Nike Sportwear. B-Girl is the story about a female breakdancer trying to find her place in the world of underground hip-hop that was created by males. What sets this film apart from other dance films is it stars the very talented b-girl Lady Jules (of the Beat Freaks) who you’ll probably recognize from last season’s America’s Next Best Dance Crew and some of the most elite b-boys out there!
M.I.S.S. was honored to be a part of this special night for Emily and Elizabeth Dell who directed and produced the film. Once B-Girl was over, it was time to celebrate the accomplishment of this female focused film with drinks, music, and some good eats. As a huge fan of Lady Jules and the Beat Freaks—who were also in the house to help their girl celebrate—I was super excited to be there!
For release dates, trailers, interviews and dance videos from B-Girl visit the official website Bgirlmovie.com!
- Hellz Bellz x The Beat Freaks: “Freak the Bellz” Collabo Vid!
- Freak the Vote! Beat Freaks X Katy Perry “Hot and Cold Remix”
- SF: August 20th – Sisterz of The Underground 9 Year Anniversary
- Wild Style 25th Anniversary
- Dimepiece X Rye Rye Hardcore Girls Screening at Freak City