In less than three months Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and the entire State Department, have embarked on a digital diplomacy overhaul aimed at spreading the word about American foreign policy and restoring Washington’s tainted image. This overhaul, being a part of a broader internet outreach by the Obama administration, has already surpassed Clinton’s predecessors.
Here’s the rundown:
- They’ve revamped the State Department website and blog to include colorful graphics and exciting new features, one of which allows the user to sound off on how Secretary Clinton should handle situations that may arise during her tenure.
- You can track Clinton’s foreign travels on an interactive map.
- You can keep up virtually with the Secretary’s every move via outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, Flicker, and YouTube.
- Before you could only pose questions in the departments ‘Ask the Secretary’ column which has now been changed to also include a ‘Text the Secretary’ option.
I’m excited for this change. It makes Secretary Clinton WAY more accessible than any of the men and women that sat in her seat before. Just imagine being able to track her travels, post questions about her progress, and even follow her department on Twitter. It all may seem a bit overwhelming but its nice to know that this Administration actually wants to know what we think about the activities taking place in the world.
Be sure to check out the links above and make your voice heard!
- The World According to M.I.S.S.: Obama Pledges Support to Pakistan & Afghanistan
- George Clinton / Parliament / Funkadelic Live In LA!
- The World According to M.I.S.S.: Two U.S. Journalists Sentenced to 12 Years in Korea.
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – Break Up With Your Ex With BreakUp Text
- M.I.S.S. Gold Star: Elizabeth