Last year the original Peek was released and sold like gangbusters, delivering on its promise to deliver you email on the go for the low rate of $20 a month without the need for an expensive smartphone and its associated data fees. Now Peek is back with the Pronto, a device that builds on the original’s success by improving the email experience while not trying to expand beyond its core focus.
For the same $20 a month as the original Peek you get push e-mail, Microsoft Exchange support, access to five different e-mail accounts, and unlimited text messaging. However, unlike its predecessor you can also now view PDFs and Microsoft Word documents in addition to images stored on the Pronto’s 8 MB of internal memory. The device comes in charcoal gray, weighs less than 4 oz., and has 4 to 5 days of battery life under normal usage. You can pick one up at Radio Shack, Amazon, or Peek’s website for $80.
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Notify Your Next of Kin About these Microsoft Phones
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Samsung Jack for AT&T
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – RIM Passes the Torch to the Torch 9850
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: LEGO Getting Into the Gadget Game