Nike is on the hunt for their next Field Reporter! This amazing position has been pitched on the Nike Women’s website and is truly a one-off opportunity not to be missed.
This US based position entails talking to designers, athletes and other inspiring people that make up the essence of what Nike is as a brand. The successful applicant will be required to report in the form of videos, blog entries and photos.
Thinking of applying? Could you picture yourself hanging out with Kobe Bryant? Keep in mind this position will not be for the faint-hearted. Impress the Nike crew by sending through a sample blog post and making a 2-minute video of yourself flexing your skills as the strong, smart, talented ladies that you are. Don’t forget to let your personality shine through your piece – make them laugh!
Nike’s current Field Reporter Meghan Brennan has spent her time reporting for Nike hanging out with Serena Williams, running in a triathlon and hanging out with Common at SXSW. To read up on what she gets up to on the job head here.
So you wanna do this? Congratulations on taking the first step! To apply, read the full story to read the requirements.
- Gotta be an 18-24 year old girl
- Sorry gals, they can’t accept college or high school sports team athletes. Eligibility issues. Besides, you’re busy enough already.
- When picking your wardrobe, you must avoid wearing items with your school or sports team names, or logos of any sort (except Nike, of course!)
- Don’t reference any other teams, companies, or organizations.
- If you have anyone else in the video, they need to sign this waiver.
- No music please. They love music, it’s a right’s thing.
Maximum audition tape length: 2 mins
Deadline for submissions: June 15th, 2009 7PM PST
Finalists are announced July 1st, 2009
The next Nike Field Reporter will be announced at the end of July
So you send in you entry, now what? Well, once all applications have been reviewed Nike will choose their top 10 faves. From there the next Field Reporter will be chosen!
If only I wasn’t in Australia, I would be applying for this in an instant… any excuse to don some fresh Nike gear, crack a few jokes and talk about myself – Good luck ladies!
- She’s Got Sole: Nike Women Comic Look Book for Autumn 2011
- Time Magazine – 100 Olympic Athletes To Watch
- Nike Sportswear T-Shirts: In A T-Shirt State of Mind
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Nike + Sportband
- Nike “Believe In The Run” Competition