The fourth couture collection for JANTAMINIAU, his SS09 collection consists of 6 silhouettes drawing inspiration form Dutch folklore and “garnished with details of the armor of a post-apocalyptic warrior”. The collection entitled “Check, Check Mate!” uses a red, white and blue checked plaid fabric that is an antique Chines fabric, fringed with Swarovskl crystals and embellished with traditional embroidery. Each garment features the application of metal press buttons that allow the garments to be worn in many ways while letting the wearer manipulate the shape. Jan Taminiau draws on the mix of cultures that is influential to the Dutch heritage, thus creating an offering of dynamic creations of wearable art.
Photos: Petrovsky & Ramone
Read more to view the full collection.
- M.I.S.S. Vegas Review: Anzevino & Florence at Pool
- She’s Crafty: Burberry Inspired Sweatshirt Skirt
- She’s Crafty: DIY Pearl and Lace Collars
- She’s Crafty: Bib-style Statement Necklace
- LUTZ by Robert Clergerie AW 09/10