For anyone that’s a regular M.I.S.S. reader, you know that I’ve been keeping close tabs on the Chanel films coming out this year. Coco Avant Chanel premiered in Paris on Monday night at the Champs-Elysées theater. Audrey Tautou, who plays Coco Chanel in the film, wore a Chanel couture floral bustier dress (um, what else would she wear??). Tautou’s co-star Alessandro Nivola, who plays Chanel’s love interest Boy Capel, was at the premier – though he got rid of the moustache he had to sport for the film. The pair definitely look cute together and I’m guessing they’ll have great chemistry on film.
Coco Avant Chanel documents Chanel’s early life from her childhood in an orphanage and ends with her debut runway show. The film is set to release in the U.S. later in the year – I can’t wait to see it!
- More Chanel Films! “Chanel and Stravinsky: The Secret Story” Set for Release in 2009
- Cuckoo for Coco: “Coco Avant Chanel” Exclusive Box Set & “Mini Karl”
- Boy Capel Part Cast In “Coco Avant Chanel”
- Coco Before Chanel in NY & LA Theaters 9.25.09
- Coco Avant Chanel – Coco Chanel Film Update