Gabrielle Chanel is known for supporting the arts. Her close circle of friends included Stravinsky, Picasso and Diaghilev – some of the most creative and talented minds of the time. So, it should come as no surprise that the house of Chanel still cultivates the arts. Last year, Chanel announced the Mobile Art Container by Zaha Hadid. Unfortunately, the project came to a halt but Chanel’s support of the arts continues. This year, Chanel is sponsoring the Tribeca Film Art Awards.
Each year, the Tribeca Film Festival asks 10 New York-based artists to create original works – each piece serves as a filmmaker prize, awarded to the Festival’s winning film directors. During the festival, the original works are on display to the public. The 10 artists selected are Fritz Chesnut, SunTek Chung, Stephen Hannock, Kalp Linzy, Robert Mangold, Sr., Clofford Ross, David Salle, Tom Slaughter, Hank Willis Thomas, and Mickalene Thomas.
The Art Awards are on display at the Chanel Soho Boutique until April 29th.
139 Spring Street
Monday – Saturday
11 AM to 7 PM
12 PM to 6 PM
- Coco Avant Chanel – Coco Chanel Film Update
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton x Stephen Sprouse Skateboard Get Radical!
- Win All-Access Tickets to the Tribeca Film Festival this Weekend
- “Bomb It!” at Tribeca Film Festival & After Party
- Cuckoo for Coco: Coco Avant Chanel Premier in Paris