When conjuring up thoughts of “heavy hitters” in women’s streetwear, there’s a 95% chance this lady’s name will hit the dome within 3 seconds…and if it doesn’t…well, then you’ve been somehow misinformed.
M.I.S.S. Randi helps me tell it like this:
Leah McSweeney is one hardcore lady, and the slogans she comes up with for her clothing brand Married to the Mob illustrate this point quite nicely! Among them are “Other Bitches Just Front”, “Money Over Bitches”, “Bitch Better Have My Money”, “DILLIGAF: Do I Look Like I Give a Fuck?”, and “Most Official Bitches Reign Supreme”. While it’s clear no one should mess with Leah, EVERYONE and their mothers were trying to mess with the exclusive Reebook Freestyles she designed with Colette (only 350 pairs produced!) and the Chanel-inspired Nike Dunk Hi Supremes that came complete with MOB lacelocks. M.I.S.S. Crew would like to give a warm shout-out to Leah, who, since 2004, has been committed to make some of the freshest clothing for women out there.
Well put Randi! After the jump, we continue to honor Leah as today’s Woman Making History! Jump!
Below: Leah’s rundown via the M.I.S.S. Crew survey…
That is an inspired statement we can all relate too!
Below are some classic MOB pieces…
The Reebook Freestyles, MOB x Colette, we previously mentioned.
…and the Chanel-inspired Nike Dunk Hi Supremes. Check those MOB details and lacelocks!
A Q&A with Leah, below:
1. What woman, besides your mom or grandmother, do you find inspirational?
Lil Kim, Heidi Fliess, Martha Stewart, Daphne Guiness…
2. How did you get your start?
Busting my ass!
3. What’s your favorite piece of (art, music, fashion, client etc) that you’ve created?
My daughter Kier aka Kiki is my best creation of course. But in terms of MOB I would say just growing the brand the way it has and watching it expand is pretty amazing.
4. If you could create a piece for anyone, who would it be and why?
Chanel, Jeremy Scott, Lisa Yuskavage
5. What part of your process is the most challenging and do you dislike the most?
PRODUCTION!! Cus it’s a bitch.
Short, sweet and to the point! Straight up! Thanks Leah!
This lady even keeps her legs dipped in MOB!
We end this feature here with a shot of Leah and Uffie…
You’ll want to stay up with Leah via these links below!
- Barbara Kruger Speaks Out On The Supreme Bitch Lawsuit
- Married To The Mob Holiday ’07
- Cat Marnell for Married to the Mob – New Fall Leggings
- Women Making History: Claw Money
- MTTM Interview on SlamxHype