Cubannie Links is an independently owned, home based jewelry collection, best known for unconventional jewelry and light weight “big earrings”…but you already knew that! Who can believe that this ubiquitous brand only just launched in 2007?! What began as a hobby has now evolved into individual high craftsmanship jewelry pieces and can be seen on celebrities and fashionistas alike. Oh and this has to be said: who can deny that this brand has one of the best names in the game!? A hint of eras past is found in the CL collection, but new forward thinking and mindfulness of what “THAT GIRL” desires is key to CL’s success. Founder & Designer Annie Basulto has been getting amazing notoriety as being one of the new fresh designers on the scene and today we honor her as a woman making history.
Above: Some CL pieces are featured on artist Cuci Amador, of Afrobeta, in a Calle 13 (a huge group in the latin community) video “Electro Movimiento”. Looks fun, right?! Click here, or the image above, for that video.
We have A LOT MORE from Annie and Cubannie Links below the cut, including a handwritten interview, a look at her workspace and a closer look at the CL collection!
Above is a look at Annie’s workspace after a long night of working on pieces and below you’ll find a quick rundown about Annie written by the same hand that produces all those amazing accessories!
A model rockin’ some CL pieces…I love how Annie’s pieces can be worn with a little black dress for a night on the town or with a tee and jeans to take care of business around the way.
…Annie looking sophisticated-classy in her earrings and bracelet at the Sex and the City premiere.
Some noteworthy press featuring Cubannie Links:
- The Source | December 2008 Issue | Keri Hilson
- Metro.Pop | Issue #38 Cover and editorial
- Acclaim Magazine | Issue #14 Cover and editorial
- Karmaloop & Missbehave Magazine | Pop-Up shop available at Karmaloop.com
- XXL Magazine | January/February 2009 Holiday Issue
- URB Magazine Dec 08 Issue – NiNa Sky in Cubannie Links
- Missbehave Magazine | Winter Issue
Below, you’ll find some clean shots of more Cubannie producto:
Rye Rye in Cubannie Links for her Feb 21st show in NYC.
…and T-Boz, of TLC, will be in the new season of Celebrity Apprentice wearing and supporting CL jewels. Annie tells us she will be competing to win money for her charity, Sickel Cell, which is a disease T-Boz has and is the national spokesperson for.
Big things big things for Ms. Annie and her amazing brand! This hardworking lady is very deserving of the shine! Stay up with Annie and Cubannie Links by visiting one of the links below:
- M.I.S.S. Presents: ‘Ay! Mi Cubannie!’ featuring Cubannie Links
- Cubannie Links, Doing BIG Things!!
- New Cubannie Links for Spring 2012
- Cubannie Links Presents: The Calle Ocho Bow Ring
- Cubannie Links Spring/Summer 09 – Part 1