At Pool we came upon the whimsical jewelry designed by Michelle Kendrick, who got her initial inspiration for her line by working on a fashion school project. At the time she was doing embroidery and reworking vintage and she started adding metal to the mix. Next thing you know it, she’s offering her first collection of jewelry, bags and wearable art. Her pieces combine vintage and embroidery: She finds vintage rings and embroiders over the stones. Kendrick also creates handbags that look like little clouds. The vintage inspired bags feature antiquated silver clasps with embroidery, beading and cloud-like fluffiness (or acrylic fibers if you want to be technical). All of her pieces are handmade and exquisitely detailed and you can purchase them on her website.
Read the full story to see more photos.
- M.I.S.S. Vegas Review: Early Jewelry at Pool
- Blogger Project: Cocotay Vintage Jewelry
- M.I.S.S. VEGAS 02.09: Brookadelphia at Pool
- M.I.S.S. Vegas Review: Beck(y) & Blankita Handbags at Pool
- Office Tramp Releases “Acrylic Summer 2007”