This week’s RECESSION BUSTER TIP is a D.I.Y. face/body scrub made from nuts and honey, which a great alternative to manufactured, chemically processed skin scrubs, and is also an INEXPENSIVE and TOTALLY NATURAL way to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.
What You Will Need:
1/8 cup Uncooked Almonds or Apricot Seeds
2 Tablespoons Honey
Yields: 15 Face Applications or 3 Body Applications
Read on for the complete instructions!
1. Use a food processor or blender to chop the nuts into fine granules (takes about 3 minutes) or crush them with the edge of a can in a plastic sandwich bag (takes about 6 minutes).
2. In a sealable container, mix the nuts with 2 Tablespoons honey. It will have thick pasty consistency.
3. To Use: Working in a circular motion, apply the scrub to wet skin, then rinse. Follow with your normal moisturizer.
The water activates the antibacterial properties of the honey, and the natural oils from the nuts will moisturize the skin as the fine granules gently exfoliate. I ADORE this scrub! (Yes, I said ADORE!) It’s gentle and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth, never greasy, and is perfect for both the face and body. Cheerio!
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Sugar and Spice Make Everything Nice – D.I.Y. Winter Body Polish
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Saving Face – D.I.Y. Deep Cleansing & Rejuvenating Clay Mask
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: More Spring Secrets – How to Make your Own Green Tea Face Cream
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Unleash Your Outer TANimal – With Lorac’s TANtalizer Award Show Glow
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Mo’ Better, Brighter – Soon Your Skin will be with this D.I.Y. Illuminating Mask