Thanks to high definition television and cameras, images are now subjected to a 6x magnification, the factor responsible for HD’s crisp clean details, but also the factor requiring new make up technology in order to improve the appearance of skin on HD camera, and in real life. This week’s pick, a Sephora exclusive, is Make Up Forever’s High Definition Microfinish Powder. This colorless, weightless 100% mineral silica powder is like instant diffused lighting, noticeably “softening” skin imperfections such as enlarged pores, or acne scars. It leaves your skin with a smooth, non-greasy, and slightly matte, flawless finish, the ideal canvas for pictures or video.
TIP: I like to use Make Up Forever’s HD Microfinish Powder in conjunction with a skin primer like the Sephora brand’s “Tricks-of-the-Trade” Immediate Wrinkle Filler (see my M.I.S.S. Review here) or Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primer, brushing it on it after I apply my foundation or powder.
In this economy, $30 may seem steep for any cosmetic, but each application requires such a small amount of product, so the .35 oz. container will probably last most people around 2 years, which calculates to $15 per year or a little bit more than $0.04 per day and picture perfect skin is definitely worth the investment in my opinion. Now you’re ready for your close up!
Where to Buy: Sephora.com
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks & Tips of the Week: Basic Beauty Gets Tricked Out – By Sephora’s New Tricks-of-the-Trade Line
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Summer’s Secret Sauce Recipe #1 – D.I.Y. Bronzing Shimmer Oil a.k.a. How to Fake a Tan Hella Fast
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks and Tip of the Week: Glitter and Gold – Make Up Forever’s Star Powders are a Jem! Get the Look for NYE!!!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Hell Yeah. Pink Ladies Rule! Picks to Get You Thinking Pink.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Not Too Cool for School – Picks to Get You Thinking Pink