If you’ve been around these parts then you know that I’m very excited for Coco Avant Chanel, the biopic of Coco Chanel. I was snooping around the web and found film stills and they are lovely. I knew from the start that Audrey Tautou was an excellent choice to play Mlle. – she looks so much like her – down to the way she holds her cigarette.
One can tell from the stills that the creators of the film went through great lengths to make sure the costuming was accurate: Karl Lagerfeld is overseeing the re-creation of the costumes and accessories. And, who better considering he is one of the few people with access to the Chanel archives?
The film is set for release in France on April 22nd and a U.S. release date is not yet set. To see the trailer, check out my previous post.
Read the full story to see more stills.
- Video: “Once Upon A Time” Trailer with Keira Knightley as Coco Chanel
- Cuckoo for Coco: “Coco Avant Chanel” Exclusive Box Set & “Mini Karl”
- More Chanel Films! “Chanel and Stravinsky: The Secret Story” Set for Release in 2009
- Coco Avant Chanel: Trailer Out Now!
- Coco Avant Chanel – Coco Chanel Film Update