Last fall, HP and Vivienne Tam announced they were joining forces to create a special edition netbook designed to become the ultimate tech accessory for fashionistas around the world. That netbook, the HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam Edition, is now available to order on HP’s site.
Labeled by HP as the world’s first “digital clutch”, the special edition netbook features a 10 inch reflective screen, a built in web cam/microphone, and a wireless G networking card. But the real standout feature is the stunning design. Eschewing the standard black or grey color scheme utilized in almost all HP computers, the entire netbook is gleaming red and the top is bursting with peony flowers, the national flower of Tam’s native China. Tam also designed a complementary matching storage sleeve that helps keep the exterior protected while being carried as a “clutch”.
Small enough to tote inside a medium sized handbag, all of this beauty comes at a price. While the black HP Mini 1000 only costs a paltry $399, the Vivienne Tam edition will run you $699.
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Vivienne Tam and HP Set to Deliver A New “Digital Clutch” in 2010
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: HP Mini 110 by Studio Tord Boontje
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Vivienne Tam Fall/Winter 2011
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: FUJITSU x BAPE – FMV-BIBLO LOOX U Netbook
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Vivienne Tam’s Monsterously Beautiful “Butterfly” Headphones