Joshua Katcher, “The Discerning Brute,” met with Todd Oldham to get some tips on getting crafty for Valentine’s Day. They decorate a vegan chocolate cake and Todd makes the loveliest, easiest flower arrangement out of a heart-shaped cake pan. I think I’ll opt for regular chocolate cake but the decorating is adorable and Katcher knows how to ice a cake – something that he makes look very easy, but continues to elude me whenever I try. Watch the video below for an inexpensive way to say a lavish, “I love you.” Happy Valentine’s Day!
Video from Current TV
- Mama’s Kitchen: Valentine’s Day Sweets
- Chocolate Nutella Cakepops Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Goodies: Sweets!
- NYC 2/14: Rita’s Italian Ice Sweetens Valentine’s Day with NYC Debut and Cool New Flavor
- Cupcakin’ at Lark Silver Lake Cake Shop