This week’s pick, the ZENO Mini, was a Christmas gift from my homegirl Jen, who is an electrical engineer, and who always has my back and my face too apparently in mind. The ZENO is a very cute zit zapping device that bears an uncanny resemblance to EVE from Pixar’s WALL-E, and like EVE, obliterates waste that doesn’t belong, which in this case is harmful bacteria on the surface of the skin. The ZENO uses thermal acne blemish therapy, or controlled heat, to kill the acne causing bacteria, which in turn dramatically speeds up the healing process of blemishes.
Basically you hold the tip of the ZENO, which gets very hot, (though not painfully hot), on top of the pimple for 2 ½ minutes, during which you will hear a succession of 5 beeps (beeps every 30 seconds). You apply the ZENO to the pimple 2-3 times daily or as needed. Since Christmas, I’ve used it on about 7 pimples and 4 ingrown hairs, and they have healed considerably faster than their normal timing – most of mine have completely disappeared after two applications.
The ZENO works extremely well on those large, deep rooted, painful pimples that usually seem to take forever to heal, and is great for anyone who wants to use an alternative method to treat acne besides harsh medications like Accutane, Retin-A, Benzamycin, and over the counter drying creams having little or no effect. Requires 2 AAA batteries and a replacement tip every 45 uses ($18.99).
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Pimpin’ It – How to Treat a Blemish Right.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Saving Face – D.I.Y. Deep Cleansing & Rejuvenating Clay Mask
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick and Tip of the Week: This Pixie Dust is a Must – Get Make Up Forever’s High Definition Microfinish Powder or Bust!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks and Tip of the Week: Get More-a-at Sephora – Sephora Picks of the Week
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Crème de la Crème – Face Cream Gets Grown and Sexy